- Long-tail keywords are a great source of traffic. It’s quicker and cheaper to rank for longer, specific keyword phrases, and more than 40% of searches are comprised of four or more words.
- Dedicate 1 page of your website to each keyword that you’re targeting. Doing so makes it simpler for search engines to categorise and rank your pages.
- Add keywords in the right places. They’re less important than they used to be, but you should still include them in urls, page titles, meta descriptions, header tags and image alt tags.
- Avoid keyword stuffing. You’re much more likely to be penalised than credited if you use a keyword phrase repeatedly on a page.
- Backlinks affect rankings more than anything else. The number and quality of links pointing to your site will largely determine in what position your site ranks.
- Don’t set backlink targets. Link building should be a steady, consistent, on-going process, that doesn’t stop when you reach a certain number.
- Get backlinks from relevant sources. Search engines want to display relevant results for each keyword, and links from relevant pages/sites, are a strong signal to them that your site is relevant.
- Get backlinks from trusted sources. Links from trustworthy sites (for example, Wikipedia, BBC, The Huffington Post, etc.) signal to search engines that your site is trustworthy too.
- Be prepared to work for backlinks. Generally, the more easily you can acquire a link, the less value it will likely have.
- Don’t pay people to link to your website. Not only is it risky, but it’s unnecessary too, as if you have good content and build good relationships then people will link to you for free.
- Don’t get involved in link networks. The benefit of getting links from networks is low, whereas the risk of being penalised and losing rankings is high.
Thursday, May 9, 2013
11 tips of seo
Twitter is the modern communication system around the world. At the new age of today Twitter is used by many people. There is above 150 up...
ü http://forums.digitalpoint.com ü http://www.sitepoint.com/forums ü http://www.webmasterforums.com ü http:/...