Saturday, May 25, 2013
how to increase traffic
High PR Websites:-
1) Get a backlink from eHow.com (PR7). EHow is a popular website that teaches people how to do things. There are lots of categories including business, pets, home & finance, entertaining and more.
? Visit eHow.com and click the “Join Now” button on the top right
? Fill in the form and click “Register Now”
? Login using your username and password and click “Edit Profile”
? Fill in as many details as you want to but make sure that you put your website URL in the “Web Site” box and also write a sentence or two in the “About Me Box” ? When you fill in the “About Me” box include your website URL with your keywords
in the anchor text e.g. My name is Suzanne and I live in Scotland. I am the owner of <a href=”http://www.homebiz-direct.com”>Internet Business Ideas</a>.
? Click the “Save Changes” button and check everything looks ok by clicking the “see my public profile” button.
2) Get a backlink from Blogger.com (PR8). Blogger is a popular blogging website owned by Google. This part of the task does not involve setting up a blog, it is simply a way to get a backlink.
? If you don’t already have a Google account create one.
? Login to Blogger.com with your Google account
? Click on “Edit Profile”
There is a space to add our website but this is a nofollow link (not counted as a backlink). BUT, if you edit the “About Me” section you can add your website and anchor text and get a backlink. E.g. My name is Suzanne and I am from Edinburgh. I am the owner of <a href=”http://www.homebiz-direct.com”>Online Business Ideas</a>.
? Click on “Save Profile”
3) Get a backlink from StatCounter.com (PR8) – statcounter is a popular website tracking tool. In this method we are going to get a backlink from the statcounter forum.
? Visit the Statcounter Forum and register ? Login and click on your username, then click on “user cpanel“ and then on “edit your details”
Enter your website URL in the “Your Home Page” box
? Scroll down and click “Save Changes” ? If you can make a post in the statcounter forum as well this will help to get your profile page indexed more quickly, but you do not have to do this. If you do, make sure that your post is useful and either respond to someone’s comment or ask a question related to statcounter. Additional Information If you are not sure what is meant by page rank read What is Google Page Rank?. In most of these examples your profile will be created on a new page which will have a page rank of zero, BUT, because these sites are very popular and have high page ranks, over time your link on that page will be a very high quality backlink.
Traffic Tip #2 – Use Twitter to Get More Traffic:-
1) Join Twitter if you are not already a member. ? Visit Twitter.com , click on the green “Join Today” button and complete the details requested on the “Join The Conversation” form. Then... ? Click the green “Create My Account” button. ? Login to your Twitter account and click on the “Settings” link in the top right hand corner of your screen.
? Click on the “Account” tab - Add your full blog or website address (including http://) into the “More Info URL:” .- Add your url again (without the http:// and put a comma at the end of the url e.g. www.yourwebsiteurl.com,) into the “One Line Bio:” which will give you a backlink. - Do not tick the “Protect my Updates” box as you want your updates to be made public. - Click Save.
? Click on the “Notices” tab - Select your options. - Click Save.
? Click on the “Picture” tab - Upload your photo by using the browse button to locate your photo on your hard drive. A window will open, locate your “My Pictures” folder and once you have located your photo just double click on it. - Click Save.Click on the “Design” tab - Choose a theme for your Twitter page. - Click Save.
2) You have now set up your account and are ready to make your first TWEET! Ideally you should make a Tweet daily and Twitter allows you to do this in under 140 characters
? Click on the Home link at the top of the page.
? In the blank box under “What Are You Doing?” type (in under 140 characters) a general message to announce you have just joined Twitter and click “Update”. Congratulations, you have just made your first Tweet.
3) Find People to follow To get people to follow you on Twitter you need to find people. You can use the search function under the “Find People” tab as well as joining Tweeter Getter for free and simply add your Twitter username and password into the form and click “Tweet Now”.When you receive email notifications that you have a new follower you can just click on the link in the email and the follower’s Twitter web page will open, login to your Twitter account using the Login link at the top and click on “Follow” under the photo. Or you can just login through your own Twitter page and click on “Followers” and click on the “Follow” link under the photo.
4) Add Your Twitter Details to Your EzineArticles Profile If you have an EzineArticles account, login and go to your Profile and fill in your Twitter Username and Password and every time a new article of yours is approved they will automatically Tweet it for you. 5) Tweet A Blog Post If you are going to post a link to your latest blog post or website you will remember that you are limited to 140 characters for your whole post. Now decide on a Blog post that you would like to Tweet. Click on the “Home”link in your Twitter account and under “What Are You Doing?” type in the title of your blog post and paste the url to the blog post. Don’t be surprised when you see a very strange url – that is because Twitter automatically uses a website called tinyurl.com to create a short url. Click on the link and you will see that it goes to your blog. If you don’t have a blog yet, say a sentence or two about your website and include your website URL instead. Congratulations, you have just made your second Tweet telling everyone about your new blog post with a link to it. Additional Information: Bear in mind you only have 140 characters to make your post, so if you have a very long blog url you can always generate a short url first through http://tinyurl.com/ and then paste the url generated for you into your post,which will leave you more space for you to add your title or whatever message you want to add. That’s the very basics of Twitter – a quick and easy way to brand yourself and drive traffic to your blog.
Traffic Tip #3 – Write a Product Review:-
1.) Chose a product, service or membership that you personally use and LOVE…and go find their affiliate program. If you can’t find the affiliate program of your product, email the owner of the product and ask them…they will be happy to help you with this.
2.) Locate your referral URL, or your affiliate link.
3.) Write your review of the product: - Okay…now it’s important to know how to write a review that is helpful to people. You are NOT trying to sell the product, you are actually intercepting a sale DECISION in progress and giving them what they want - proof & justification. So your job is to simply make a "FACT SHEET" for this product and share your experience. Be sure to include the following:? The product name ? The person associated with the product (author, developer, etc)
? The merchant's official domain name
? The brand/company name
? The version history (especially with software)
? How long have you been using this tool or service?
? Why is This Product a Good Choice…tell them how it helped you.
? Advantages and Disadvantages of the products Don't just stuff keywords, but make sure to naturally include as much detail as you can because it will give the search engines something to serve up to people researching that exact product. Once you have written your review you can easily post it on your blog. If you don’t have a blog yet you can get one built for free if you join the Affiliate Power Group.Be sure to include the product name and that this is a review in your blog title and two or three times throughout your blog post. E.g. “Review of Product XYZ” as many people will search for reviews of specific products on Google and this will help your review to get ranked in the search engines. And remember, when soon-to-be buyers are researching a product, they're usually on the verge of BUYING something. What they're looking for is a mixture of proof and justification. They want their money to go to good use, but they also want to help themselves internally justify the purchase. Your job is to just intercept them…and help them make the final decision. That’s it! Now go do it!
Traffic Tip #4 – Create a Keyword List:-
1. Go here. We will use the free keyword research tool from Google 2. Go to the middle of the page and type in your primary keyword where it says: Enter One Keyword or Phrase Per Line: This would be your primary keyword for your site which is something like home business, work at home, earn money etc. In this example I will use the words work at home. 3. Type in the characters for your primary keyword in the box, choose “All Countries and Territories” and click on Get Keyword Ideas. Be patient as it can take a few seconds to give you the results. 4. You will get results of 50, 100, 200 words etc. For work at home itdelivered 150 results. Select “Exact” from the “Match Type” drop down menu on the right hand side. To see how often a keyword is being searched every month on Google I look at the Approx. Avg. Search Volume which is based on 12 months of people searching for this phrase on Google for your country and language.
5. Scroll down and look for the words text, csv for excel, csv. Click on the text link.
6. Save this list as a word document, or in notepad etc. Call it "work at home keywords deleted". I call it that because as I use a phrase I delete it until all of the words have been used in an article, blog post, web page etc.
7. Look at the additional keyword phrases Google gives you. Save this list as well and use them as secondary keywords in the body of your articles, blogposts and web pages. This will help prevent you from spamming your primary keyword over and over in the body of what you write.
8. Start working thru your list. Use a different phrase in each article, in each blog post, and for building a web page. Try and only use the keyword phrases in the title, intro and closing of each article to avoid spamming it. Do not worry about keyword density as Google pays no attention to it anymore. Over time you will develop great unique content and keyword relevancy for your site and blog that the search engines will reward you for. More Information Type in a 4 word phrase. Build a list of phrases 4 words or more. These are known as long tail keyword phrases and usually have less competition than aa short phrase like work at home. Does this work? I am on page one of Google for over 3000 unique keyword phrases now and have been found by people typing in phrases as long as 11 words. Google search "easy ways to make money at home and do it fast" without the quotation marks. I am #1. These longer phrases are low volume searches, but are very targeted and have less competition than shorter phrases.
Traffic Tip #5 – Publish a Blog Post:-
1) Take a look at the keyword list that you created in task 4 and see if you can find a keyword phrase that has a few hundred searches per month. Typically a phrase like this will be less competitive and it will be easier to get your blog post ranked in the search engines if you choose a low competition phrase.
2) You can either write an article yourself and include your keywords in the title and 2-3 times throughout the article, or find a good PLR article. If you are using a PLR article it is beneficial to rewrite it by:
a. Changing the title (be sure to include your keyword phrase in the title)
b. Writing your own introductory paragraph
c. Deleting one of the paragraphs
d. Rewriting the final paragraph or add a new onee. Rewriting a few of the sentences throughout the article
f. Adding your keyword phrase twice throughout the article
3) Once you have rewritten your article create a new post on your blog using this article and publish your post.
4) If you have a Wordpress blog, Wordpress will automatically ping all the relevant services. If you have a blogger blog, go to Autopinger and enter your blog URL to ping all the blog services.
5) Go to Twitter and write a sentence or two about your blog post and include the direct URL (permalink) of your post. You will find that often you get more interest in Twitter if you post a question related to the subject of your blog post e.g. “Does anyone think it is possible to succeed in online business when you have no money?”
6) Social Bookmark your post. If you have an account with OnlyWire or Social Marker you should also bookmark your post. If you don’t have an account, don’t worry – we will include this as a task in another weekly challenge. Doing this one time should bring you a small benefit, but if you can do this regularly – at least once per week, but if possible 3 times a week you will notice a difference in your traffic.
Traffic Tip #6 – Submit an Article to 5 of the Top Article Directories:-
(1)Register with the following article directories If you don’t have an account with the these Article Directories, then your first step is to sign up for a free Author’s Account. Do this for at least 5 of the directories. NOTE: SubmitYourArticle (SYA) users - The article directories listed below that are marked with an * are those directories listed under the SYA Account Manager / Article Directories option. So if you selected this option and provided SYA with your login details for each article directory then do NOT submit your article again to the directories marked with an
*. You will then need to submit your article to the other directories below that are not marked with an
* . Ezine Articles (PR6)
* click on the “Submit Articles” link and complete theregistration form. GoArticles (PR6)
* on “Submit Articles” then click on the “New Member” button and complete the form. The Free Library (PR6) - click on the red “Submit Articles Free” link in the top right hand corner and complete the form. Article Alley (PR5)
* click the red button marked “Submit Articles” and complete the registration form. Article Dashboard (PR5)
- click on the “Sign up for a free account or learn more” link at the top of the right hand column. Article City (PR5) - no registration is required. Just scroll down to the Site Menu at the bottom of the left hand column and click on “Submit An Article”. There is no option to edit your article after you have submitted it so be sure tocheck it carefully before submitting. Internet Marketing News Watch (PR5) - no registration is required. Scroll down to the bottom of the left hand column and click on “Submit New Content”. There is no option to edit your article after you have submitted it so be sure to check it carefully before submitting. There is no specific area to insert your resource box so once you have pasted your article just add your TEXT resource box at the end under a subheading "About the Author". ArticlesBase (PR5)
* click on the blue “Submit Articles” button and register as a new author. Articles Factory (PR4)
* click on the “Register” tab on the top horizontal bar and complete the registration form. SearchWarp (PR4)
* click on the “Sign Up” text link in the top right hand corner of your screen and complete the New Author Registration Form Easy Articles (PR4) - click on the “Join” link and complete the registrationform.
(2) Submit Your Article Submit one of your existing articles or a brand new article to at least five of the above article directories. If there are any directories on the list that you have never submitted an article to before, give them preference. Login to each Directory and click on “Submit Articles” or “Add New Article” (or similar wording). Select the most appropriate category for your article and then complete each section of the form, taking note of the number of characters allowed for certain sections. Pay particular attention to your html Resource Box and ensure that you have hyperlinked your keywords to your website address. Then click on the “Preview” button to check your article is looking fine, check the links in your resource box and if everything is okay close the "Previewwindow" then click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form where you added your article. If, however, you notice errors when viewing your article in the "Preview" window, just close the "Preview" window and make your changes and click the “Preview” button again to double check everything and then click the "Submit" button once you are satisfied that everything is fine. You will find that you have the option to further edit your article, if necessary, by clicking on the “View My Articles” or “Edit Articles” link and in some of the directories you will be able to check your stats under the article “Article Stats” link.
Traffic Tip #7 – Join & Participate in some Busy Forums:-
(1) Register with at least 3 forums from the list below. All of these have over 10,000 members: - Digital Point Forum (PR6, 259,000+ members – register)
- Warrior Forum (PR4, 116,000+ members register)
- WAHM Forum (PR4, 76,000+ members – register)
- Affiliate Marketing Forum (PR4, 32,000+ members – register)
- Associate Progams (PR4, 18,000+ members – register)
- Internet Marketing Forums (PR3, 15,000+ members register)
- Talk Home Business (PR3, 10,000+ members
– register) More Suggestions http://www.big-boards.com
(2) You can register with each of the 3 forums by clicking on the register links above and filling in the required details.
(3) Often you will need to wait for a confirmation email and click on the link inside the email to verify your registration.
(4) Once you have registered successfully look for a link that says “edit profile” or “profile” or something similar. Most forums allow you to set up a profile with more details about yourself, a photo, your website and so on.
(5) At the minimum you should add your name, your website if there is a space for it and a sentence or two about yourself. (6) Have a look around the forum to see if there are any forum rules. For example most forums do not allow you to advertise in posts and some may not allow affiliate links in your signature. Some may have a limit to how many linesyou are allowed in your signature.
(7) Go back to your profile and add your website and/or blog to your signature, making sure that you follow the rules that you have just read. Some forums allow HTML in the signature where as others allow something called BBCode. Example of adding an HTML LINK: <a href=”http://www.homebiz-direct.com”>Internet Business Ideas</a> Example of the same link in BB CODE: [url=http://www.homebiz-direct.com]Internet Business Ideas[/url]
(8) Make two posts in each of the three forums that you have registered with.Ensure that you don’t spam or make a pointless post like “me too” or “great info”. Often forums have an “introduce yourself” forum so this is a good place to start. Alternatively you can ask a question or answer someone’s question.
Traffic Tip #8 – Submit your Blog to 5 Top Blog Directories:-
1.) Go through the list below and submit your blog to each directory. The submission process is very self-explanatory. Be sure to write a meaningful description of your site...you just never know who might read it.
2. Blog Catalog
4. Super Blog Directory
2.) Now go check your email. You will probably be required to click a confirmation link to verify that the email your submitted was truly your email...confirm this, and anything else that they require in order to have your blog listed. 3.) Your done! You've just paved 5 new roads to your "city"...every new roadyou build means that people can find you easier, and your traffic will begin to increase. It's your job to keep your "city" looking attractive so that when people arrive...they will want to stop and buy something.
Traffic Tip #9 – Promote Your Website Using Free Classified Ads:-
(1) Decide what it is that you want to advertise. It is often much better to advertise a lead capture page or a short sales page rather than your home page. Make sure that the page you are advertising is attention grabbing and asks for the visitors name and email address.
(2) Write a short ad. Spend some time trying to think of a compelling headline and ad. If you are new to writing ads it may seem difficult at first. Have a look at some other ads to get ideas and try to use attention grabbing words. Don’t worry if your first few ads aren’t great – you will improve over time and you can tweak your ads and make note of the ads that get the best results.
(3) Find some suitable classified ad sites to post your ad on. Here are some classified ad sites:
? Craig’s List
? US Free Ads
? Business Opportunity Classifieds
(4) Find the correct category for your ad. This is important as your ad could be deleted if you post it in the wrong place. Also make sure that what you are advertising is permitted on that particular website.
Traffic Tip #10– Leave Comments on 5 Different Blogs:-
1) Find a list of "do follow" blogs by doing a search in Google. “Do Follow” means that when you leave a link to your website in your comment it will not have the “nofollow” attribute. This means that Google and other search engines will see this as a valid backlink to your website. You can type into Google any of these search terms to get a list. "do follow" blogs do follow blogs blogs that follow
2) Once you have found a good list pick out one blog (We recommend that you aim towards picking blogs that have something to do with the particular niche your involved in).
3) Read a couple of entries and pick out one that interests you where you can respond with a comment that has some real "meat" to it. What I mean by "meat" is some substance. Making a comment on a blog that says "Great idea! Thanks for sharing" is NOT a good comment and will often not get approvedwhich means you have wasted your time. Give the blog post your commenting on some real feedback on what you think or additional information that might help readers understand what the blog post is trying to tell its readers. Here is an example Now this post is fine except I made a mistake by misspelling a word which is not something you should do. Always take the time to review your comments before hitting the submit button.
4) Anchor text one of your keywords. Most blogs will allow you to anchor text your keyword such as this: <a href="http://www.24hourwealth.com/">Earn Money at Home</a> Always do this when you can. You can target a main keyword of your site or a longer tail keyword. I usually mix it up and provide different long tail keywordstail keywords for each post. I never use the same keyword in each blog post as the search engines don’t like this. Mix it up with longer tail keywords that relate to your main keywords. For example one my main keywords is: Work at Home If I post to
5 blogs today I will only use 1 of them that target "work at home". I will take the other 4 and target: Work at home on the internet Working from home online Computer work at home Earn Money working at home Make sure you post to 5 "do follow" blogs. Here are just a few: http://courtneytuttle.com/blogs-that-follow/
Traffic Tip #11 - Get 2 New Backlinks on High PR Websites:-
(1) Get a Backlink from http://www.gooruze.com (PR5).
? Register with Gooruze
? Login and Click on the “Getting Started” button and then click on the “update profile” link
? Add a short paragraph about yourself. You may want to say where you come from, what you do for a living and of course, tell people that you have a website. You can include one or more links to your website and/or blog. To do this just type your keywords, select them and then click the little icon that looks like a globe with a link.
? You can view my profile here as an example http://www.gooruze.com/members/suzannem/ - add me as a friend if you like.
? OPTIONAL - If you want to increase your exposure you can also add one of yourexisting articles, befriend people (by visiting their profile and clicking the “be my friend” link) or add a comment to someone’s article. The site is not very busy with member activity so if you write an article a link to it will stay on the home page for a while. (2) Get a Backlink from http://www.help.com (PR7)
? Register with Help.com – to do this just enter your email address (no password) and your login info will be emailed to you.
? Click the link in the email to activate your account ? Click the profile link and type in a few sentences about yourself, including alink or two to your website and/or blog. You will need to use HTML here e.g. the HTML for my own website would be: <a href=”http://www.homebiz-direct.com”>Home Business Ideas</a> ? Save your profile and make sure that your links are working ? OPTIONAL – you can also add friends and make posts to get more exposure.
Traffic Tip #12 – Submit Your Newsletter to 2 Ezine Directories:-
(1) Submit to Best Ezines.com Best Ezines is owned by EzineArticles so there are 2 ways to submit your Ezine to this directory. If you have an EzineArticles account, simply login and under Author’s Tools click on "BestEzines.com Submission" and complete the short form. The ezine subscription information is your getresponse email address for your Newsletter for example my Newsletter subscription address is: email@example.com. If you don’t have an EzineArticles account go directly to BestEzines.com then click on "Submit an Ezine" and complete the form.
(2) Submit to NewList.com No registration is required – simply follow Steps 1 – 8 and submit your Ezine details.
If you have time visit http://ezines.nettop20.com where you will find a list of the Top 20 Ezine Directories and try and incorporate 1 Ezine submission a day into your daily schedule. You can find more Ezine Directories by searching on Google with this search phrase "List of ezine directories".
Traffic Tip #13 – Setup a Social Marker Account & Bookmark a Blog Post:-
1) Go to http://www.socialmarker.com
2) If you have never used any of these social sites within Social Marker before this will take longer as you will need to register the first time before the bookmark will show. Once you have gone through registering yourself the first time, the time to submit one blog post to all of these sites is cut down considerably.
3) On the main screen towards the bottom right hand side you will have the option to determine which sites you want to submit too after making a blog post. Choose carefully as there are a couple of sites that are specifically niche related such as: Health Ranker that and it makes no sense to submit a blog post about affiliate marketing to these sites.
4) Choose one of your recent blog posts to bookmark. Fill in necessary details on your blog post: Bookmark details Title Link (URL) Text Tags (separated by commas) Make sure you are using the correct keywords from your blog posts as this is very important for SEO and visitors to the individual sites that might want to see your content.
5) Hit the Submit Button 6) Once you have gone through this the first time, I would suggest putting a Social Marker Button on your blog that will make it easier to submit your individual blog posts. Directions for Wordpress and non WordPress users are on the front page left hand side. Once you have completed these steps you now can bookmark multiple sites in less than 15 minutes which will not only bring your traffic but backlinks and improved search engine rankings.
Traffic Tip #14 – Participate in Yahoo Answers & get Exposure for your Website:-
(1) Visit http://answers.yahoo.com and login. If you are not a member click the signup link at the top of the page to create a new account.
(2) Fill in some details in your profile. You can include one or more links to your website or blog. You will not get a backlink for this as it is “nofollow” but people may read your answers, visit your profile and then visit your website. (3) Next you are going to try and find some questions to answer. You should try and find a question that is related to the topic of your website or blog. Go to the Yahoo Answers Home Page and then navigate to the “Business & Finance” section. You may find good questions related to home business inside the “small business” or the “advertising and marketing” section.
(4) When you answer a question try to backup your answer with an example, a reference, or your own personal experience. You can put a link to your website in the box that says “sources”.
(5) Here is an example of a question that I recently answered (6) Find relevant questions and aim to do the following: a. Answer 2 questions, leaving a link to a page on your own website as a source b. Vote for the best answer on 2 questions that are undecided.
Traffic Tip #15 – Take Advantage of Article Directory Online Profiles:-
Select 4 of the article directories from the list below that you have not yet completed your profile and add some information about yourself and include a link back to your website with your keywords using html code where allowed. In each case view your Profile to check that it looks ok and that the links work. OR complete your profile at 4 other article directories that you regularly submit articles to.
Example of adding an HTML link:
<a href=”http://www.cyns-home-biz.com”>Online Business Ideas</a> Ezine Articles - Login and click on “Profile Manager” / “Edit Author Bio”. Complete the form and bear in mind you cannot use html in this bio section. GoArticles - Click on Submit Articles and login and it takes you straight to Your Profile section. You can add html in the Author Bio section The Free Library - Login and click on “Preferences” (top right hand corner).Add both your Blog and Website urls and be sure to tick “Show” these urls under Preferences. You cannot use html in the User Bio. Click on “My Page” to view your Profile. ArticlesBase - Login and click on “Manage Authors”. You will see you have the option to complete both a short and a long Bio. You can include html in both of them. Articles Factory - Login and click on “Profile”. Insert your main keyword phrase as the “Title” for your website. Note that the Brief Bio does not allow the use ofthem. Articles Factory - Login and click on “Profile”. Insert your main keyword phrase as the “Title” for your website. Note that the Brief Bio does not allow the use of html. SearchWarp - Login and click on “Edit Your Bio”. Be sure to read the instructions. You are allowed 2 html links in your Bio. Highlight your keywords and click on the chain icon to add your url. Idea Marketers – Login and click on “Edit” under “Update your Profile/Resource Box”. Complete the form and you can add html to your Author’s Bio. Under “Manage Account” click on “View Profile”.
Twitter is the modern communication system around the world. At the new age of today Twitter is used by many people. There is above 150 up...
ü http://forums.digitalpoint.com ü http://www.sitepoint.com/forums ü http://www.webmasterforums.com ü http:/...