Saturday, May 25, 2013
seo traffic increase
Traffic Tip #1 –
Setup a Squidoo Account and Create your First Lens:-
1. First you must register Register here
2. After you've confirmed your email, then follow these directions.
3. Go login to your account that you just created.
4. Click on "Make a new Lens" on the right hand side.
5. Answer the question what is your Lens about.
6. Select a unique name. (This is the same as a normal web page name and must be unique to Squidoo.)
7. Under the menu select a topic, there are a number of overall categories, select the best for your Lens.
8. After your Lens name has been accepted. Enter 3 keywords for your Lens. You can change this later.
9. Click continue...and your lens will be created.
10. Next it's time to add content
11. Explain what your lens is about
12. Explain who you are.
13. Enter the URL of your main website or blog
14. Click continue
15. Then click Publish...and view your Lens! 16. Go back and add more content as you have time...use this to drive traffic to your main home page or blog.
Traffic Tip #2 –
Setup a Google Webmaster Account:-
(1) Visit the Google Webmaster Account page
(2) If you don’t already have a Google account click on the “create an account now” link. (3) Login to your webmaster account
(4) You will be taken to the “Dashboard”. Enter the URL of your website in the box and click the “Add Site” button
(5) As soon as you have added your site you will have access to a limited amount of stats about your site, but to see the full stats you need to verify your website.
(6) Click on the “Verify your Site” link
(7) There are two methods of verification. You can either create an empty text file with a specific name and upload it to your website server OR you can copy and paste a META taginto your index.html file. Choose the method that you are most comfortable with and if you need help please ask in the PPG forum.
(8) Select your preferred method of verification from the drop down list, follow the instructions to add the meta tag or upload the file and then click the “Verify” button.
(9) You should now have access to lots of useful stats about your website. I recommend that you have a look around here and feel free to ask in the PPG forum if you have trouble understanding anything. Start by taking a look at the following:
? Settings – click the “Settings” link and make sure that all the information isset up correctly for your website.
? Diagnostics – click the “Diagnostics” link and click “Web Crawl”. This allows you to see if there have been any problems when Google attempted to crawl your website. You can also click “Content Analysis” to see if Google has any recommendations about your description and title tags.
? Statistics – click the “Statistics” link and see a wealth of information about your site such as the top search queries and the anchor text in your backlinks
? Links – click on the “Links” link to see information about your backlinks including the number of links pointing to each page on your website
? Sitemap – the “Sitemap” link allows you to submit a site map for your website. We will cover this in another PPG challenge.
? Tools – the “Tools” link provides various tools including an easy to userobots.txt generator. A robots.txt file is only necessary if you don’t want Google to index certain pages on your website.
You can login to your Google Webmaster account periodically e.g. once per month to check that there are no errors and to monitor the number of backlinks you have and your top search queries.
Traffic Tip #3 –
A Simple Way to Build Longtail Keywords:-
We covered this in tip #4, but I know very few people do this because we continue to get article orders where people have no idea what keywords to have our writing company write about. I am re-writing it so maybe this will be easier to understand. I happen to feel this is the most important thing an internet marketer can do. Building a good keyword list of longtail phrases can be used in so many different ways. Here is exactly step-by-step how you can build a keyword list of several hundred words to use for your article marketing and blog article marketing efforts.
1. Go to Google's free keyword tool page here: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
2. Enter your primary keyword in the box in the middle of the page where it says: Enter one keyword or phrase per line: In my case I am entering "make money online" without the quotation marks.
3. Enter the letters you see and click get keyword ideas. This brings up 101 words I can target. It also gives me 99 additional words I could use as a secondary keyword or even a primary keyword if I choose. I will save those in a word doc and delete theme as I use them.
4. To dig deeper and create an even larger list I see "ways to make money online" is one of the words. I enter it and I get 46 more even longer phrases in some instances. Plus I get another 154 additional words I could target. I now have over 300 long tail keyword phrases to target and I do a different blog post on each one, a different article on each one and so on. You can do the same thing for words you want to build a larger list with. Just keep entering new words and building a large list. Then delete them as you usethem. Over time I have ended up on page one of Google for over 3000 phrases. Some of them Google ranks me for based on words in the articles as well as hyperlinking them in my resource box, on a blog comment blox, in a forum post, etc. This is even other ways to use your words. I have been doing this for over 7 years and work at it all of the time. It is hard work and most people quit. If you can hang in long enough to get it going and make some money it even becomes fun!
Traffic Tip #4 –
Setup a LinkedIn Account and get Connected:-
1) Visit http://www.LinkedIn.com
2) Fill in your name, email address and click the “continue” button then follow the instructions to setup an account with LinkedIn.
3) Once you have your account setup, login in and click on the “Profile” link. You may want to use LinkedIn solely for Internet Marketing or you may decide to use it for a combination of internet marketing and networking/keeping in touch with colleagues in the industry that you work in. It is up to you. I personally joined LinkedIn a few years ago when I worked in software development and I find it useful for keeping in touch with my former friends and colleagues as well as for internet marketing.
4) Fill in a brief summary of what you currently do.
5) If you want to use LinkedIn for career opportunities you may also want to fill in some information about your previous work experience and your education.
6) Now for the important part... there are three spaces to enter your websites. You can use these spaces to enter both your website URL and your blog URL. You should also replace the “My Website” text with your keywords.
7) There are lots of other fields to fill in within your profile – just fill in what you feel is important and you may also want to add a photograph of yourself.
8) Feel free to look at my own LinkedIn profile as an example http://www.linkedin.com/in/suzannem
9) Once you have setup your profile, save it and take a look at it to make sure it looks ok.
10) Now try and find some people to connect with. If you would like to start byconnecting with me just click on my profile link above and click “Add Suzanne to your Network”. You can also use the search facility and browse to try and find other people to connect with. If you are connecting with someone make sure that it is either because a) you know them, b) you share something in common with them (e.g. similar career, interest in internet marketing). If you don’t know the person you should at a minimum tell them why you want to connect with them rather than using the standard message. Personally if a random person who I had never met connected with me and used the standard message, I would just ignore them.
Traffic Tip #5 – Get Traffic from Link Referral:-
(1) Register for a Basic Membership (Free) account at LinkReferral and add either your website or blog url. Bear in mind you will have to add a LinkReferral text link, button or banner to your site.
(2) Login and click on the “How does it work?” text link and spend a few minutes to get acquainted with the program.
(3) Click on the “What is LinkReferral” text link in the top right hand corner to learn how you can benefit from the 4 pronged approach to developing free traffic.
(4) Under “Membership Admin” go to the “Change Info” link and double check that you are happy with the information and site that you entered when you registered.
(5) Under HTML Code choose a text link or banner and add it to your blog or website.
(6) Now start driving traffic by clicking on the “Visit/Review” text link under “Increase Traffic” and review other member's sites for ranking credit. Choose a category (I recommend you choose the same category that you have listed your site/blog in). Then choose a sub-category and the urls of the sites will be presented to you.
(7) View 30 sites (this takes about half an hour) and comment on 5 sites, bookmark one of the sites you have viewed and make 1 forum post.
(8) To view a site just click on the url of the site. When you come across a site that you would like to review just click on the “Review This Site” and select your answers from the 5 drop down boxes. Even just by reviewing 5 sites a day and viewing 10 you will see results.
(9) To make a forum post, click on the “Forums” link on the top horizontal bar and select a forum and make one post – either start a new thread or respond
10) The “Ranking Credit for Today” box on the top right hand side of the screen will keep count of the sites you have viewed and reviewed, your forum post and bookmarked site.
Traffic Tip #6 – Setup an Onlywire Account:-
1) Go here: http://onlywire.com - and follow the instructions of the video and get your own account up and running.
2) Then go watch this video to learn how to use the power of OnlyWire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlRm3Re4S9k
3) Then follow the directions and do the same for your website.
Traffic Tip #7 – Review your SEO Position and Come up with a Plan!:-
(1) If you have never done any Search Engine Optimization on your website OR you have never had an SEO service don’t go any further than the first step of this task. Instead sign up for me free SEO Course by Email.
(2) First write down the main keyword phrases that your home page has been optimized for. For most people this will just be one phrase, but some of you may have 2-3 phrases.
(3) Go to the SEO Centro Rank checker and enter your main keyword, domain name, the access code and click on the submit button. Repeat this for each of your main keywords.
(4) If you are ranked in one of the top 40 positions this will show in the results. Ideally you want to be in the top 10 so you are on page one of the search engine results. If you are number 1, congratulations, if you are not keep reading...
(5) Take a note of the domain names of the sites that are in positions 1, 2 &11 in Google for your keywords. This will be listed in the report that was generated for you.
(6) Next visit the SEO Centro Link Popularity Checker and enter the three domain names of the competitors that you took a note of in step
(5) and click the submit button.
(7) Take a note of how many backlinks each of these three sites has. This is not an exact science, but this number will give you an INDICATION of the kind of numbers you need to get for your own website if you want to rank in the top 2 positions of the first page of results, or the top of the second page of results.
(8) Repeat step
(6) but this time enter your own URL in the box. This will tellyou how many backlinks you have to your own website. Consider the difference between this number and the numbers that you noted in step
(7). (9) Now you have a rough idea of how many more backlinks you need to gain a top ranking. Next you need to commit to spending as much time as possible building new backlinks. Set yourself a weekly target e.g. 30 backlinks per week and take a look at steps 5, 7 and 8 of the PPG step by step plan to work towards your target of gaining these backlinks. This will help you to gain a top search engine ranking for your phrase. I recommend checking your ranking and your total number of backlinks once per month. Take a note of the numbers so that you can track your progress. If you feel that the competition is too tough, you may want to considerchoosing a less competitive phrase. Alternatively, if you are already at the top of Google for your keywords and you are not getting enough traffic you may want to consider re-optimizing or adding a new phrase to your page.
Additional Information:- It is not only your home page that brings you traffic. Sub pages of your website and blog posts will as well. To increase your chances of getting good traffic you should:
? Use the Google Keyword tool to find low competition phrases. Usually they will just have a few hundred searches per month.
? Make a new blog post and put the phrase in the blog post title and 2-3 times in the blog post itself.
? Get at least one backlink to that blog post e.g. by social bookmarking,posting it in a forum or including the link in an article resource box (in addition to your home page link).
Traffic Tip #8 – Join AddThis:-
(1) Go to AddThis and click on the “Join Now” button.
(2) Fill out the form and register. Login and click on “Get Your Button”. Select your button and click on “Get Your Button Code”. Copy the code and paste it in a prominent place on your website.
(3) If you are feeling more adventurous there are instructions on how to customize your button.
Traffic Tip #9 – Spy on your Competitors:-
1.) Go to Google and search for your primary keywords.
2.) Click on the site that is at the top for "natural" search. (not paid advertisers)
3.) Now you've found your top competitor. Copy their URL and go over to Yahoo.com and do a search like this: link:domain.com (make sure and replace "domain.com" with your competitors domain URL. - then click search.
4.) This will show you all the backlinks of your competitor...and backlinks are sources of traffic. Your job is to click on these backlinks (explore them) and find out more about them.
5.) Then, once you have found a few good ones, pick at least ONE and figure out how YOU can duplicate this backlink for YOUR SITE. That's it...you're done!
Traffic Tip #10 – Use Traffic Exchanges to Get Leads:-
(1) Join Traffic Hoopla for free. This will show you the current top traffic exchanges and help you to build a downline. Building a downline in the traffic exchanges means that eventually you will not have to surf for credits as you will earn credits when your downline surfs.
(2) Login to Traffic Hoopla and click the “1st Join” button. Join the top 5 Traffic Exchanges in the list. As you join them, enter your referral IDs in Traffic Hoopla and save them.
(3) You will need to login to each of the 5 traffic exchanges individually and enter a URL to promote and you will normally have to surf 10-20 pages to activate your account. For the URL, you want to choose a combination of a) Your Lead Capture Page and b) A Traffic Hoopla Splash page (to build your downline). To save time, login to each traffic exchange in a separate browser tab and do your activation surfing of all the exchanges at the same time.
(4) Congratulations – you have now set up an account with the 5 top trafficexchanges. It will take you a while to build up a good downline so that you no longer have to surf with credits. In the meantime you should login to the 5 traffic exchanges and do half an hour of simultaneous surfing as often as possible to build up credits.
Traffic Tip #11– Master One Form of Marketing:-
I am going to assume now that you have now tried several forms of advertising and promotion. Which one did you like best? I know for me I really enjoyed search engine optimization and concentrated on building web pages around keyword phrases using SEO techniques. I became an expert at that because I was interested in doing it. It stills brings me thousands of visitors every month and some of these pages are over 6 years old. What do you like to do most that you feel motivated enough to sit down and work at all of the time. Possible choices...
- article marketing
- ezine advertising
- traffic exchanges
- link trades
- forum marketing
- blog posting
- outsourcing any of the above (yes outsourcing could be a good thing to master) - etc. etc... If you like doing something else not on this list that is o.k. as well. I just challenge everyone to become an expert on one form of internet marketing and do it until you are getting at least 300 visitors a day.
Traffic Tip #12 Get a Backlink from a High PR Website:-
1) Go to: http://www.photocase.com/en/ PR7 2) Upper right hand corner there is a button to register 3) After registering, you will want to go to the tab that says “My Photocase”, you see a drop down menu pull up; select the link that says “Show My User Profile” 4) Place your HTML code in the comments section to create your anchor text link. 5) After you submit your comment, you will be able to see your keywords. This is also the public view of your links. You can put more than one link in this section so if you have multiple websites you can take advantage of this feature.
Traffic Tip #13 – Use StatCounter to Analyze Your Website:-
(1) Go to http://www.StatCounter.com and sign up for an account.
(2) Click Add New Project and enter the information about your website.
(3) Click Install Code and choose the invisible counter (more professional), click next. Ask for the default installation guide, click next.
(4) You will see some code. Copy and paste this into a text editor (e.g. notepad) and save this.
(5) Download your index.html file from your website. You can do this by logging intohttp://www.yoursite.com/menu where yoursite.com is your domain name, and using the file manager OR using an FTP program.
(6) Open your index file in notepad. You will see some HTML code.
(7) Scroll right down to the bottom of the page until you see </body> </html>
(8) Paste the statcounter code BEFORE the </body>
(9) Save your index file and upload it to your website Once you have installed statcounter wait a few days until you have built up some records of your visitors. If you already have statcounter you can follow these steps now:
(1) Login to Statcounter and click on the project for your site. Look at the stats summary for the previous week (or month). Write down how many unique visitors you have per day (blue bar) on average. Also write down how many page loads (green bar) you have per day on average. Set yourself a goal toincrease his number within the next month. If your traffic is less than 100 visitors per day, aim to double it.
(2) Click on Came From and take a look at the sort of websites that are referring traffic to your site. Are they search engines? Traffic Exchanges? Article Directories? Blogs? Doing this will help you see whether your marketing has been effective and give you an idea of where you are getting the most traffic from.
(3) Click on Keyword Analysis. What are the most common keywords that people use to find your site. Are there any surprises there? Is there anything you could do to improve this? (4) Click on Exit Links. What pages are people most commonly leaving your site on? Are they leaving through affiliate links to other sites? If not, then try to identify why they might be leaving. Could you do something to improve thepage?
(5) Click on Visitor Paths. This lets you see the exact pages that the visitor came to on your website. It can be very interesting to see how your visitor navigates your website. Checking your stats on a regular basis will provide you with a wealth of knowledge about how visitors see your website. You should aim to check your stats at least once per week and set yourself targets for improvement.
Traffic Tip #14 – Be Persistent:-
(1) Understand that building up consistent traffic to your website takes time. It does not happen within a few weeks and it certainly does not happen overnight.
(2) Apply the traffic tips within this EBook on a regular basis. Try to spend at least 1 hour every day building traffic to your website.
(3) Set yourself goals and monitor your traffic on a regular basis to ensure that it is growing.
(4) Remember that getting a top ranking in a search engine can take a few months or more, especially if you have a new website and are targeting a competitive keyword phrase.
(5) If your traffic is not growing you need to look at what you have been doing and try to understand where you have been going wrong – don’t continue to do the same things if they are not working.
Thank You very much
Twitter is the modern communication system around the world. At the new age of today Twitter is used by many people. There is above 150 up...
ü http://forums.digitalpoint.com ü http://www.sitepoint.com/forums ü http://www.webmasterforums.com ü http:/...